Saturday 6 June 2020

May 4, 2020

The third phase of lock-down has started today.
It is now mandatory to wear a face mask if you go out to buy groceries and other essential items such as medicines and so on. I have started using a face mask a school student living in my neighbourhood has made for me. Wearing a mask is not a comfortable experience. I immediately remove it the moment I'm back home after visiting the market. Then I wash it along with my hands. My wife and our domestic help have made it a habit to wash all vegetables and fruit we bring home from the market.
During the second phase of lock-down, we were constantly updated about the magnitude of the pandemic all over the world through media. 
The most depressing scenario in the second phase of lock-down has been the plight of millions of migrant workers returning to their native States in whichever way they can -- mostly walking. It wrenches one's heart to see these people trudging homeward like zombies. There is no effective system or mechanism to help them in their plight. It is all senseless disorder and chaos. Administration has failed completely in putting into place an effective system to deal with the grave situation created by mass migration of workers to their home States.


                                                                                        Picture Credit: aljazeera.com  

No comments: