Friday 5 June 2020

THOUGHTS, MUSINGS AND REFLECTIONS ON 2020 AD AS A LANDMARK YEAR

March 25, 2020

I turned 74 on March 22, 2020.
Like always, my birthday this year too did not hold the promise of a celebration.
But then, living in this age of social media, I take it for granted that many of my Facebook friends would plaster birthday messages on my timeline using worn-out cliches. I also do exactly the same on their birthdays.
On my birthday this year, I found out in the afternoon that there was no liquor in the house. So I went out to the nearest liquor store and found it closed. Somewhat surprised, I asked a shop-keeper why it was closed. He told me that the government had shut down all liquor shops with immediate effect owing to corona virus pandemic that had hit the entire world.
So I went home and did not have my usual evening drink before dinner. Not having it on my birthday did not upset me at all because I don't celebrate my birthday with a drink.
From today onward, the country has gone into the first phase of lock-down.
I know there would be no liquor during the lock-down, but I'm not upset about it.
I like my drink, but I am no alcoholic.

***

No comments: